About Idunn Seafoods

Idunn Seafoods was established in 2016. Amanda Seafoods (Insula Denmark) is the majority shareholder with 51 %. Local cod companies in Westmanna account for the remaining 49 %.

Idunn Seafoods produces cod liver, which is freshly landed at Heimaey harbor.

The fresh cod liver is carefully cleaned and smoked over beech wood. The oil in the can is the cod liver’s own – totally natural, without additives: “The foie gras of the sea”

Idunn Seafoods is an efficient, adaptable and quality conscious cod liver factory with a skilled and experienced production team that takes pride in delivering top quality every day.

Idunn Seafoods is located in the port of the island Heimaey – the largest of the Icelandic Westman Islands in the North Atlantic. In total 15 islands but only Heimaey is inhabited. All islands were formed by underwater eruptions.